Monday, March 16, 2009

Spreadsheets

Today in class we worked on excel spreadsheets which was very beneficial. This can be a very confusing microsoft office though if not understood correctly. As a teacher, this microsoft office can save many, many hours of time to figure numbers and figures more correctly and quickly. As a teacher, there is so much time involved as it is that anywhere there can be time shaved off it is so worthwhile for a teacher to use. Yes, there is much time that is required in order to fully understand microsoft office but it is more than worth it to save the much needed time.

Also, we worked on forming the survey sheets and I really enjoyed this activity. This is a very simple way in order to be able to understand my students more fully from the beginning of the school year. This survey can help me understand a little bit more where my students are coming from with their particular backgrounds which will help me to be able to better address there different needs. I definitely want to use this site to create surveys to help me to get a better head start with my students at the beginning of the year and throughout the year as different needs and difficulties arise. I can use surveys to check for their level of understanding which will not be addressed in front of the entire class but on an individual basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment